Thursday, March 23, 2006

"What Do You Do That's Positive?"

I Do As Much Of This As I Can. . . Maybe You Can Too. . . ?
by The Old Hippie Because In Many Areas, Way Too Many Maybe, It's Not Too Late.


The excellent "Do Something" page at Michael Moore's site.

I can't do a lot of it. I'm retired, without income, married to a working wife, who will also be retiring in not too many years.  We are a long way from well off, but not desperate.

I do, just like you, all I can, (which I know deep inside is still not enough with these organized, well-funded, opportunistically criminally corrupt theocratic corporatists profiteers that have successfully overtaken "our" once respected, and once great, Constitutional Republic.)  I spend long hours researching online, double/triple checking "facts" stated by all sides, articles, stories, events, etc., that I am able to, and then "spread the word" as best as I can, through my web site, blog, and email-elist, along with simply talking to others locally.

And - yes - I recycle, purchase with an informed conscience, boycott what I know to be truly bad for people, the environment, and the common good.  I talk/write about what I do support and boycott and why I do.  Sonni, my wife, and I do spend what we can afford, which is not much, not nearly enough, to support others that can use the funds to do more good with than we can.

And I try, sincerely, to reduce my own hypocrisy every day, which in America, under its controlling corporatist single-party rule, is very hard to do in reality - It takes a constant an consistent vigilance.

Outside of dumping everything, and marching on the capital in revolt, I don't know, like you, what else I can do.  Except to continue fighting as I best as I can, and supporting others with encouragement and reality-based researched info, and not "allowing" the "allowing" as much as possible.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 

[Disclosure: This is a comment-reply to a Truthout.org reader who asked me, "What do you do?"]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home