Saturday, February 24, 2007

It Seems That. . .

Someone Agrees With Me About The Worse Case Scenario Reality.
by The Old Hippie Because It Is Nice Knowing That One Is Not Alone In Thought.

“Eisenhower, . . . in January of 1961, in his last speech before vacating the White House to make room for the just-elected John F. Kennedy, warned America of a “disastrous rise of misplaced power” if we continued allowing the germination of a new historical entity he called “the military-industrial complex.”

Very few Americans knew what the heck Eisenhower was talking about.  We do now.

It's 46 years later, and we are rapidly coming to realize the federal government really doesn't run this country anymore.  Huge, shady corporations with fat federal contracts do.”


Hacker
{-The Way Many Picture Me-}
 

The above quote is by John Hanchette, a professor of journalism at St. Bonaventure University, is a former editor of the Niagara Gazette and a Pulitzer Prize-winning national correspondent.  He was a founding editor of USA Today and was recently named by Gannett as one of the Top 10 reporters of the past 25 years.

He is a mainstream award winning reporter, and he agrees with my previous postings on this concept that “America” is, in reality - Gone.  This saddens me, as I keep hoping that the “doom & gloom” I see, and post here, will be proven wrong.  It is not hyperbole to say that this is beginning to horrify me.

Here Is The Direct Link To His Full Article.

A second reality is that much of the damage that has been done, that my fellow American citizens did allow, and to this very hour are still allowing - Is now simply no longer “fixable.”

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =  <  B e l o w  T h e  F o l d  >  = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 

What I fear most, more so day-by-day. . . is the fact that nothing “real” has been done, or is being done, so far, to stop this sneeringly open, and criminal, theft and insanity.  The human deaths continue to mount, the environmental destruction continues to worsen, the security of freedoms and liberties continue to deteriorate, not only here in America, but also worldwide. . .  And yet - Nothing “real” has been, or is currently being done to stop the “allowing” to continue unabated.

“Wake The Fuck Up!”  Just doesn't cover it anymore, does it?

I'm at least glad to see that the reality is beginning to finally seep into the mainstream media.

3 Comments:

At 2/24/2007 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, old hippie! Just found your site this morning, and wanted to comment on what a great blog this is. Kudos especially for posting the Chomsky speech -- I am streaming it as I type this, and it is awesome.

I am reading through your proofs of how the worst case scenario is now the reality in the US, and I think that you and the other sites you link to are right on target. I have been very concerned about the direction our country is taking, and I keep trying to get people to pay attention, but everyone thinks I am being unduly alarmist. I'm glad to see I am at least not alone in my fears for our country. People are starting to wake up, and some members of the press are starting to be more confrontational in obtaining and reporting the news, but I fear too much damage has already been done.

Best wishes,

--jane doe

 
At 2/27/2007 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A second reality is that much of the damage that has been done, that my fellow American citizens did allow, and to this very hour are still allowing - Is now simply no longer “fixable.”

I agree with this assessment. That business and industry actually run this country is nothing new and their philosophy has not changed. The powerful families back in the early 1800's cared little about what party held the white house because it didn't matter - they ran the show regardless.

More recently, the deterioration of our Constitutional rights, the willingness to invade other sovereign nations, the absolute and total disregard for the will of the people, the disgusting growing gap between rich and poor and CEO and worker, even the loosening of the separation of church and state - all of these would take such an enormous amount of time, effort, and change of national direction that I don't think it is possible.
Its why I don't live there anymore.
Good blog Hip. I am a product of the 60's myself and know just where you are coming from.

 
At 2/27/2007 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found this old post link concerning my other comment. Thought you might like it.
http://expatbrian.wordpress.com/2005/11/11/us-history/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home