Saturday, September 08, 2007

Again - Umm. . .

How's This For Short And To The Point?
by the Old Hippie Because You Keep Giving Them Reasons To Sneer/laugh At You.

"I hope I live to see the day when, as in the early days of our country, we won't have any public schools.  The churches will have taken them over again and Christians will be running them.  What a happy day that will be!"
  -- Rev. Jerry Falwell

Now, compare it with...

"Secular schools can never be tolerated because such a school has no religious instruction and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith...  We need believing people."
  -- Adolf Hitler, April 26, 1933


= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =  <  B e l o w  T h e  F o l d  >  = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 

Let's Get This Straight. . .


Evolution Is A Fact, Not A Theory - How Evolution Works Is The Theory
by The Old Hippie Because The Arrogantly Ignorant Really Piss Me Off


If you do not understand the difference, and/or you don't really care, you are one of the truly arrogantly ignorant defined, and are a big part of America's problems today.

Sorry - I've just gotten tired of explaining the difference, and then having it dismissed out-of-hand because of denial, or ideology-conflicts, or "I don't "believe" it," without knowledge, etcetera, etcetera. . .   etc. . .

4 Comments:

At 9/08/2007 12:13 PM, Blogger Granny said...

Yes indeed. I'm linking to you on

Is America Burning

Thanks.


Ann (aka granny)

 
At 9/08/2007 7:13 PM, Blogger billie said...

i hear ya.

 
At 9/08/2007 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to see Americans refusing to send their kids to school with kids who are different than themselves. I truly believe it will ultimately tear us apart as a nation.

We are a multi-cultural, multi-lingual, multi-ethnic and multi-relgious country, and becoming moreso. A good public education system could be the glue that holds us all together.

When you know people from diverse backgrounds, and you played with them and laughed with them and worked with them, it's much harder for hate groups to get a foothold.

 
At 9/08/2007 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS- I have an old article from Scientific American titled, "15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense." Unfortunately, it's in .pdf format and I don't have a way to post it.

If you'd like a copy of it, just drop me a line with your email address and I'll send it to you. My email address is on my profile.

~Thomas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home