Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Best Article Of The Week...

It’s A Blunt Discussion Between Two Of The Best Minds We Have.
by George Monbiot and Paul Kingsnorth Concerning What’s Coming.


Is There Any Point in Fighting to Stave off Industrial Apocalypse?


It is seriously well worth one’s time to read this short discussion.  I personally think they are both correct, and both wrong, at the same time.  (Just like in Logic-101; “The next sentence is a lie.  The previous sentence is true.”)

It is the reality that is being “allowed” to continue to progress, behind the fogging white noise of all of the political yelling, from all sides, about the much more trivial aspects of all of our lives, as the extremely-very-few, who are now wealthy far beyond your ability to comprehend, are “allowed,” by you, to continue to gather even more protective wealth, to “protect” them from... us, and from the coming multi-leveled crisis of the long fall of current human industrial culture - That we are all guilty of “allowing” to happen in the face of glaring undeniable evidence, and denied warnings.

The simple complexity of the complex simplicity is beyond most Americans.

The problem with the stupid and ignorant among us is that while they “proudly and patriotically,” allow their own self-destruction by fighting among themselves as they were programmed to do, is that they are destroying much more than just their environment, their livelihoods, their lives...  They are destroying us all.

Ignorance is curable, stupidity is forever.

Fight the stupid - Educate the ignorant.  Or stupidly pay the price.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =  <  B e l o w  T h e  F o l d  >  = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 

It’s not long - Just link to it, and enjoy your reality... bluntly exposed.

4 Comments:

At 8/20/2009 5:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there. First of all, thank you for running this blog. I haven't commented here before, but I have been reading for a while during the course of my post-school self-education (my first real education, in many respects... surely you know how the public school system works, or rather, doesn't).

Secondly, I wanted to ask your advice, both because you have a few decades on me and because you seem to have a better grasp on the world at large than I do. The thing I am increasingly desperate to know is, well, how the hell can a just-turned-20-something do something about all of the corruption in the world and, in particular, our country? I have no money to throw at organizations with good causes, nor do I have a car with which I can travel to protests. I do have an old, beat up laptop with which I can connect with other free thinking individuals and a phone with which I can call up representatives and beg for them to actually... represent something other than General Moneybags for once, but that's about it. It is a fear of mine that I was born far too late in the reign of the AmeriEurAsian empire to do much other than stand on the sidelines and watch its rampant self-destruction and hope that I and my few cherished loved ones don't get hit by shrapnel on the way down. Is there anything a broke, young, ill-connected person can do?

Thanks, and may the deities bless you, should any happen to exist. :)

 
At 8/20/2009 7:16 AM, Blogger The Old Hippie said...

Go to this link first - here -

Also Michael Moore's website has good links for info and action - here -

That should give you a fair start - Good luck.

 
At 8/20/2009 8:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Muchly appreciated. I guess I could start with educating dear ol' Religious Right-wing mum and dad, heh. That's a monstrous task all on its own.

I'm a bit wary of registering to vote, though, as I'm not entirely convinced it does any good anymore. Suffice to say the hullabaloo surrounding the 2000 Florida vote "recount" was one of my first exposures to politics and the mounting evidence of mass election fraud has only gone uphill since. :/

 
At 8/20/2009 10:58 AM, Blogger jp said...

We are in the existential dilemma, this time it concerns the way the mess ends. I read and subscribe to George, he has enlightened me on quite a few things, I am just getting a handle on Paul, though I understand that side as well. 2 sides of the same coin?

AFA the stoopit..lately (?) it seems that every time a serious subject is broached, it's time to turn "the attention" to something else. war? how about the economy? economy? how about health? ..ad nauseumski. The main subject here should be the environment, we know that unless we umm ya know duude, like do sumptin..the rest is a mute point. but it isn't getting done, and it won't be done. therefore Paul's side. I think George is moving to that point as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home