Saturday, September 04, 2004

Who Said That?

Who Said The Following. . .?
A simple quiz of historical perspectives.  (Answers at the end.)

 1.  “My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter.”

 2.  “I feel like God wants me to run for President.  I can’t explain it, but I sense my country is
      going to need me.  Something is going to happen . . .  I know it won’t be easy on me or my
      family, but God wants me to do it.”

 3.  “Providence withdrew its protection and our people fell, fell as scarcely any other people
      heretofore.  In this deep misery we again learn to pray. . . . The mercy of the Lord slowly
      returns to us again.  And in this hour we sink to our knees and beseech our almighty God
      that he may bless us, that He may give us the strength to carry on the struggle for the
      freedom, the future, the honor, and the peace of our people.  So help us God.”



 4.  “But there is something else I believe, and that is that there is a God. . . .  And this God again
      has blessed our efforts during the past 13 years.”

 5.  “To be sure, our Christian Cross should be the most exalted symbol of the struggle against
      the Jewish-Marxist-Bolshevik spirit."

 6.  “The Ten Commandments are a code of living to which there’s no refutation.  These precepts
      correspond to irrefragable needs of the human soul.”

 7.  “I trust God speaks through me.  Without that, I couldn’t do my job”

 8.  “public monies derived from taxation through the organs of the State have been placed at the
      disposal of both churches [Protestant and Catholic].”

 9.  "You make a mistake if you see what we do as merely political."

10.  "I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator."

11.  "I think it's fine, as long as it's Christian prayers.  Anything else is un-American."

12.  "The national government will maintain and defend the foundations on which the power of our
      nation rests.  It will offer strong protection to Christianity as the very basis of our collective
      morality.  Today Christians stand at the head of our country.  We want to fill our culture again
      with the Christian spirit.  We want to burn out all the recent immoral developments in litera-
      ture, in the theatre, and in the press — in short, we want to burn out the poison of immorality
      which has entered into our whole life and culture as a result of LIBERAL excess during the
      past years."

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Answers:

1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 and 12 => Adolph Hitler

2, 7, and 11 => George W. Bush

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home