Sunday, September 04, 2005

Bombshells #6. . .

A Select Few Bombshells That Clears Much Of The Manufactured Fog
compiled by The Old Hippie Because I Truly Believe It Might Help Clear The Fog


Your Right   1.  Chief Justice William H. Rehnquist Dies - Washington Post

  2.  The Conscience of an (ex-)Conservative - Philip Gold

  3.  What's Bush Got To Do With It? - Van Jones

  4.  Sheehan: Anti-American Communist? - Washington Post

  5.  45.8 Million and Counting. . . - Karen Davenport

  6.  Watching America - The Rest of The World

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 

  7.  CNN: Official Version vs. Reality - CNN

  8.  "I'm afraid I would have assaulted him." - Bill Clinton

In Syracuse, N.Y., former president Bill Clinton was discussing New Orleans's dilemma when someone described the speaker's comments.  Had they been in the same place when the remarks were made, Clinton said, "I'm afraid I would have assaulted him."


  9.  3 Tons of Food Sat Waiting for Bush to Finish Grinning - Times-Picayune - 9/3/05

Three tons of food ready for delivery by air to refugees in St. Bernard Parish and on Algiers Point sat on the Crescent City Connection bridge Friday afternoon as air traffic was halted because of President Bush’s visit to New Orleans, officials said.

The provisions, secured by U.S. Rep. Charlie Melancon, D-Napoleonville, and state Agriculture Commissioner Bob Odom, baked in the afternoon sun as Bush surveyed damage across southeast Louisiana five days after Katrina made landfall as a Category 4 storm, said Melancon’s chief of staff, Casey O’Shea.

“We had arrangements to airlift food by helicopter to these folks, and now the food is sitting in trucks because they won’t let helicopters fly,” O’Shea said Friday afternoon.

The food was expected to be in the hands of storm survivors after the president left the devastated region Friday night, he said.


 10.  Intelligent Design - CommonDreams.org

"One recent evening while filling up at a Citgo station that was going to do a 20 cent per gallon jump by morning, a man with a big white pickup truck and "veteran" on his license plate, stared at my Prius and asked me about my mpg. (miles per gallon)  I told him and then he said "I just spent $75 to fill up my truck - and I swore if I had to pay $65, I'd sell it."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home