Sunday, November 18, 2007

Resistance Is Not Futile.

It Is Not Over.  We Have Lost A Lot, But We Have Not Yet “Lost.”
by The Old Hippie Because You Can Still Stop Them, And Repair Most Of The Damage.

Let's review. . .  The dollar is pretty much hit rock bottom, many of the world's tourist shops no longer accept dollars, it's too weak for even them.  Habeas Corpus is gone, even for an American citizen.  Our nation now “legally” tortures human beings.  If you are not one of the top 1% wealthiest Americans then your healthcare ranks at the bottom of the 1st world nations, most of the 2nd world nations, and even a growing number of 3rd world nations.  Our nation has incarcerated more of our own citizens than any other nation, in history, in raw numbers and percentage of population.  We have the 57th freest press, 57th.  Owned and controlled by just six corporations who share their boards of directors with the military-industrial-corps, et al.  We spend more of our nations money on the military-industrial-congressional-complex than all of the other nations... combined, and you allowed our domestic social and structural safety net programs to be “sacrificed” to support that flow of our nation's wealth into the hands of the few.  The national debt is now well over 9-trillion dollars.  This administration as borrowed more money from other nations than all of our pervious administrations... combined.  We are the largest polluter nation on the planet.  We are the only “advanced” nation that questions global warming's realities.  Not to mention that the invasion of Iraq has been clearly proven to have been known, before hand by this administration, to be an illegal War of Aggression, the one worst war crime, that embodies all of the other war crimes.  All of “our” regulatory agencies are now controlled, from the top down, by the very people the agencies were originally created to regulate.  Blackwater, et al.  The highest death rate, (per capita and raw numbers,) by violence of citizen against citizen in the world.  25% of Americans can not find the United States on a world map.  Separation of Church and State is in reality, gone...  ... ...


Hacker
{-The Way Many Picture Me-}
 

You know something?  I was wrong.  When I started this posting with the positive statement that... “We have not lost.”

We have lost.  And all of us are guilty, but you allowers who from the start, to even now, who have done nothing to stop them... are even more guilty - Fuck you all so very much -

I kept looking for the citizens of my nation to wake up - But that just didn't happen.  Denial and apathy set in instead.  It is already over, and most of you out there don't even know it yet.  It is going to get worse yet - far worse.

The 2008 election can no longer save us, but it can make it even worse than it already is.


= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =  <  B e l o w  T h e  F o l d  >  = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 

Not a lot to say - Right?

3 Comments:

At 11/18/2007 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post sounds like Abbie Hoffman's suicide note: "It's too late. We can't win, they've gotten too powerful."

We have lost in the sense that this government, this cabel of industrial interests that governs our lives, will never again respond to the electoral process. We can give up on the idea of "tweaking" this government to set things right.

But we still have the option of revolution. It worked in 1776, maybe it's worth another shot. Maybe it's our only shot.

 
At 11/18/2007 7:30 AM, Blogger The Old Hippie said...

I didn't see Mr. Hoffman's note, but I can tell you I am not anywhere near killing myself.

I do love my life with my wife and family and friends.  I was once a political optimist, even as late as the 2006 election.  But our “opposing party” as proven to be not very opposing at all.  Their “allowing” since that election was the straw that broke this optimist's spirit of political hope for our nation.  Suicide is not an answer to anything, except maybe for incurable terminal pain.

If it wasn't for family, my wife and I would be in a better country now.  We have discussed it for the past few months, or at least since we both finally accepted the reality that our nation has given up both its personal securities and freedoms for what has turned out to be for nothing more than to make a very few very rich, very secure, and now, with the help of the complying and allowing current congress, also very “free” of any interference from the rest of us “fodder units,” you know - We, the people.

I guess I still hope that a non-violent revolt saves America, but I'm no longer holding my breath.  The large majority of the citizenry is still in an insane apathetic denial of the reality of situation they have allowed themselves to be manipulated into.

It does sadden me.  And it does piss me off that it has happened - But I will not let it effect my happiness with my life in the sense of family and friends.

And until they shut me up, I will continue to bitch about it here.  I will continue to do the depressing research and putting out what I find.  Sometimes hitting that last angry “publish the post” prompt, does make me feel better, not suicidal.

 
At 12/23/2007 9:41 AM, Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Some of us are still fighting OH.

I like your blog. Glad to know there's more old hippies out there still fighting to wake up the sheeple.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home