Monday, June 06, 2005

It Seems. . .

It May All End Rationally, But Who Really Knows
by The Old Hippie Because I See Signs Of Hope


One Sign of hope is that the word "Impeachment" is more openly sneaking into the media recently.  From Santa Cruz in the west, to Boston in the east, from the likes of Bruce Springsteen, to Ramsey Clark, to even mainstream media, like at CNN. . .  More and more I'm seeing the word appear outside of the fringe, and in the main.  This is a good sign, a sign of hope that reality-based rationally just might win out after all, but - Who knows?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 

I certainly don't have the answer.  I'm like most of you who are reading this, a typical over-educated, tree-hugging, reality-based, white suburban/urban American.  Maybe unlike some of you, I got lucky, and was able to get an education that many kids today can only dream about, now that most of their pathways to that education has been cut away from them.  Also I'm lucky in that I was able to retire at an earlier age than many, and am able to spend an inordinate amount of time researching all that I have written here in this blog, and included within my web site, and have written to the little email e-list that I run.

Because of that education, and the time to do the research, and observing the observations, and research, of many others, from all sides, I've been able to put together a clearer picture of "what's happening" than most of my fellow citizens, that simply don't have the time to do this research, because of trying to survive this economic mess we are all in now.

I have, as have many others, tried to present the results of this research in a way that is covered in reality-based facts, rather than biased opinion.  But opinion can not be avoided.  When I have presented opinion, I've endeavored to make sure it was reality-based/informed opinion, rather than the ideological rantings of corrupted or complicit sycophants.

I have also, for the past week or so, tried to think of a way to present that "clearer picture" to you the readers of this blog, in a nutshell. . .  But that is difficult to accomplish.  Without re-presenting all of the historical background, well covered in this blog, and many other sites, and without re-presenting all of the current events evidence and proofs, also well presented in this blog, and many other sites, the "nutshell" of what's happening, and what has happened, is that a small group of opportunistic ideologues have taken extreme advantage of this democracy's freedoms, and its citizen's political apathy, and ignorance, to over-take the American government for the single benefit to themselves of profit.  Mainly profits in dollars, but also opportunistically, the profits of the powers and ideologies to be able to change the laws of the land to better protect themselves from the awaking anger of the realization of "what's happened" within, and from, the masses - Us.  So far, they have been stunningly successful.

So far. . .  I only wonder for how much longer. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home