Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Okay - Okay - I Get It. . .

As Bush Said, "The Constitution Is Just A Goddamn Piece Of Paper."
by The Old Hippie Because It Really Pisses Me Off That Many In America Seem To Agree.


Too many Americans must agree with him, or at least "enough," because America continues to allow the flagrantly open "in-your-face" Constitutional crimes to be "seemingly challenged," but in reality... un-answered, un-stopped, and un-punished.

Please - Please - Prove to me that I am wrong.  Just Do Something - Anything - To Stop Them.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 

[Disclosure: This is cross-posted at Truthout.org's "the town meeting" forum - Linked Here.]
[A Blatant Plug: Also posting "Comments" there, will help "the town meeting" forum's rankings.]

3 Comments:

At 5/18/2006 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As one old hippie to another, I hear ya. I see a tremendous tug of war in the Democratic Party between the DLC and Dean's Democrats, and I see all kinds of weird things being posted on the blogs which remind me of CoinTelPro. For a good example check out Melissa Barton's completely debunked editorial on Raw Story, "Extreme Atheism" and contemplate the fact that Raw story posted it not once but twice. (They recently recovered from a setious financial crisis. Or look at the disinformation campaign engulfing truthout. I can only spend a few hours a day posting to set the record straight, and I fear I am unable to do enough.

I had a chance to see F911 again on Sundance two weeks ago, and I was amazed at how mild it seemed compared to everything we know about BushCo now.

The best hope is that the junta is sowing the seeds of its own destruction as another generation is radicalized by the naked power greed of the sociopathic establishment. The danger is that the junta is successful in channelling that rage into blaming the atheists or the liberals or the Mexicans or the blacks or the Iraquis or Saddam or Al Gore or....

I swing between screaming as politely as possible into the void and praying to a non existant deity that "...We don't get fooled again....". I hope there is a balancing force, a yin yang in the universe, and that I get to see it in action during my lifetime...

Thank you for what you do, my friend. Hold a good thought.

 
At 5/23/2006 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some have realized the source of this alleged quote is questionable at best -- and have retracted the story...

http://democratviews.blogspot.com/2005/12/my-apologies-i-was-wrong.html

 
At 5/23/2006 9:49 AM, Blogger The Old Hippie said...

The conservative sycophants have become so good at creating doubt, where there is no doubt, that I question their questioning almost automatically now.  I suggest that one do the research themselves, and show me iron-clad factual proof, and sources, before I will retract this.

My own research has only found that it is true.

"Prove" it wrong without anecdotal quotes by those that state doubt without showing sources of that doubt, then I will retract.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home