Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I keep Hoping. . .

But My Hope Keeps Getting Smacked By Successful Arrogant Ignorance
by The Old Hippie Because I Am Able To See The Reality


I hope for rational reality-based reaction to obvious bad things, lies, illegal war, unnecessary deaths, un-deniable environmental damage, open theft of public monies, breakdown of the separa-

Read 

tion of church and state, destruction of the checks and balances on the abuse of power, the incredible complete take-over of all of the federal regulatory agencies by corporate ex-CEOs and/or their lobbyists/lawyers, the corrupted and consolidated-down to just five corporations complicit and/or silenced mainstream media, the brazen and purposeful loss of the majority's economic security for the profit security of the very few, etc., etc. . .  Well, at least I kept hoping for rational response, but as events continued to worsen, and the arrogance of the manipulation of the apathy and ignorance continued, and continues to this day, I have to admit that I am finding hope of a "rational" response hard to hold on to. . .

Maybe instead of rational, the response may possibly turn out to be a massive bursting of a building up realization of truth, and its resultant anger. . .  It has gotten so bad, so fast, that even this dark possibility - is a feared "hope" of correction.


= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = 

I hope I'm wrong.  A rational reality-based correction of America's bad turn toward imperial bully would be much better than the chaos of an angry revolt against deadly theft, and arrogant ignorance, run amok.

I do admit I fear the future, not because of terrorists, but because of real domestic enemies, and truly insane ideologies, now in control of our once-upon-a-time great, and once-upon-a-time world respected Democracy, that once-upon-a-time had the hope of so many, to guide this chaotic planet's nations into sanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home